I'm Currently Playing...

Blur [Xbox 360]
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 [PS3]

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Out this Week! 25th June 2010

American football game Backbreaker is the first of many titles that are set for release this week. Using the 'Euphoria' engine, physical player interactions are all calculated on the fly, in differentiation a set animation technique, ensuring play is fluid and dynamic. The NFL license is not used however within the game, with Madden having sole use of licensed teams and players. [PS3, Xbox 360]

Coming much later than its release elsewhere in the world, From Software's hardcore RPG Demon's Souls is finally available within the UK this Friday, published by Namco Bandai. The third-person action RPG takes place in the fictional land of Boletaria- a land beset by cursed demons, of which the hero will need to banish. [PS3]

Traveller's Tales' latest Lego game is out this week. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 focuses on the first four Potter films, all re-created in plastic block glory. The classic humour that TT have shown in abundance in delivery of their other licenses ought to be seen here, with the magical story only further infusing the game with unique and fun game play mechanics. [PS3, Xbox 360, PC, DS, Wii, PSP]

Another game relying on the success of its licensed forbearer's is High Moon Studios' third person shooter Transformers: War for Cybertron which takes place prior to the event's of the original animated series, when the Transformers still lived on the planet of Cybertron. The game hosts two distinct campaigns for each faction, the Autobots and the Decepticons. [PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii, DS]

7 comments:

  1. Some good games to look forward to - I just picked up Demon's Souls last weekend along with some sports titles. The game was getting good overall critical reviews, but a lot of players were saying it was frustrating as well. Gotta say I agree with both sides so far - it's not too hard, I've only died twice, but there's definitely some challenge in there - not a bad thing at all. Hoping to do a review on it when I get further in. (http://chalgyrsgameroom.blogspot.com/ if you don't mind me posting that?).

    The Lego Harry Potter game is one of interest around here as well. My family adores the Lego games - we have a Star Wars one, Indiana Jones, Batman... and my kids all like the Potter movies and my wife and eldest have read all of the books at least once. Needless to say, this is a game that is highly anticipated around here. Really looking forward to getting our hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course not :) I've heard Demon's Souls is one of the hardest games ever conceived! Looking forward to Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really torn with Demon's Souls - a lot of people say the game feels cheap. I'm not sure if I feel that way or not. I earned my 2 deaths - I fought stuff I shouldn't have. The online system though, with the bloodstains and messages is very cool.

    IGN tossed out a really glowing review for the new Transformer's game, giving it a 9.0 and player scores are coming out around 7.5. That's another one I'm hoping to get my mitts on fairly soon. Any objections to me tossing a link up for your blog on mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Pretty new to the whole blogging situation - not to being opinionated about games. :P So, still finding my way around, but so far so good. Hope to see you around some more soon - and hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a few more games shortly. :) Just added a blog links section to mine, got yours up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously cannot wait to play this game - was deliberately waiting for the Australian release to support the local scene.

    It comes from From Software, and is the spiritual sequel to my favourite FPS/RPG of all time - Kings Field IV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's pretty cool. I have to say, the atmosphere is definitely there. And once you realize just how brutally tough the game is, you are cautious. I don't think I've ever played a game where I feel like every-single-time I turn a corner, I need to have my shield up for fear of getting shot/stabbed/set on fire. :) I've got about 15 hrs into it so far and it's good stuff.

    Man... Kings Field... I haven't heard that game mentioned in any of its versions in *years* I sunk so much time into the earlier releases in that series...

    ReplyDelete